I'd love to be a DJ.
But only as long as I wasn't responsible for mixing properly. I couldn't bear the responsibility for a heaving floor of dancers suddenly going 'WTF?' as one inexpertly attempted to beatmatch while ensuring that some hideous mismatch of keys didn't happen. So maybe I could be a radio DJ or better, one of those guys who play music where people don't dance. They get away with murder.
Anyway, this mix is a set recorded live yesterday in a really great club in Dublin. Except of course it's not. It was done in my living room over two nights, at least one of which saw me rather tipsy.
It's all very full on sexy female vocal anthems at the beginning then it gets all Scandinavian cool later after going through some hands-aloft disco.
Feargal, you can put this on your Nano for one of your jogging expeditions!
- Stand Back – Linus Loves feat. Sam Obernik
- Speechless (Extended Mix) – Mish Mash feat. Lois
- You Got the Love (Shapeshifters Main Vocal Mix) – The Source feat. Candi Staton
- The Wings (Theme from 'Brokeback Mountain') (Gabriel & Dresden Remix) – Gustavo Santaolalla
- E Samba – Junior Jack
- Ooh! I Love It (Love Break) (Full Intention Club Remix) – The Salsoul Orchestra
- What Else is There? (Trentemoller Remix) – Röyksopp
- Discopolis (Original) – Lifelike & Kris Menace
- For the Time Being (AlexKid Mix) – Phonique Feat. Erlend Oye
- Clocks (Royksopp's Trembling Heart Remix) – Coldplay
Technical stuff. It's about 66MBs and it's all one continuous track. I used the unstable new version of Audacity to make this, so there are some erratic things going on (volume suddenly rises about 10 mins in etc).
Let me know what you think.