That Mildew. She tag me good.
Ok, here’s 5 Things You Never Knew About Me.
1. My Confirmation name is Nicholas. It was common for youngsters about to be Confirmed to choose the name of a saint that meant something to them. As a very reasonable 12-year-old, I reasoned that no saint had done anything for me other than Saint Nicholas, Santa Claus.
2. But I was also in awe of Nick Rhodes from Duran Duran, so that may have had some bearing on things.
3. The first record I ever bought was Happy Talk by Captain Sensible. It was a 7″ and the b-side scared me.
4. I have written a book. If you want to know how to write an essay for university, look no further.
5. I once told my teacher to fúck off. I was a shy six-year-old and he (Mr Downey – hiya!) was coercing me into Irish dancing in front of the class. I wasn’t having it. The poor man was so startled that the good boy swore at him, he didn’t even punish me!
(PS: That’s not me up there. I’m not that bloody old!)