Ok, here’s the latest one.
I really wanted to get in Scarlet Fantastic (one of the best 80s tracks remixed), Beyoncé & Shakira (boring radio mix, superb Freemasons version), Mika’s new one and Calvin Harris. Anyway, there’s a slightly shit transition between Death Cab For Cutie and Ben Macklin, but it gets back on track. I just couldn’t resist a Death Cab For Cutie trance remix (“Who could?”, The Blogosphere).
I notice that there is a very American “chonk chonk chonk” track in there (The Bird And The Bee). I remember dancing in Alegria in NYC a couple of years ago and it was all “chonk chonk chonk”. Very masculine gay; very crystal. As opposed to the funky house a la Hed Kandi favoured this side of the pond which is more “wheeee!”, more ‘E’. Howsandever…..
Feck it, let’s boogie!
- Guilty (Eddie Thoneick Remix) * De Souza Feat. Shena
- Lollipop (Club Mix) * Dada Feat. Sandy Rivera & Trix
- No Memory (Dennis Christopher Vocal Mix) * Scarlet Fantastic
- Beautiful Liar (Freemasons Club Vox) * Beyoncé & Shakira
- Follow Me * Jonathan Peters
- Marching Bands of Manhattan (Blake Jarrell’s Pacha NYC Remix) * Death Cab For Cutie
- Feel Together * Ben Macklin Feat. Tiger Lily
- Love Today (Moto Blanco Club Mix) * Mika
- Fucking Boyfriend (Ralphi Rosario & Jody DB Vox Mix) The Bird And The Bee (thanks to afterhours for this!)
- I Love Music (Yer Man Remix) * Fonzerelli
- Acceptable in the 80s (Tom Neville Remix) * Calvin Harris