It’s bop time again! And just in time for the (lack of) summer here in the north of Europe. I’m convinced that Rihanna’s Umbrella has been at number one for ten weeks because the entire wash out of a season has been one long marketing exercise for her ode to rain gear. Quite who orchestrated such a campaign is beyond me, but I’d hire them.
But I digress.
One is off to London on Sunday (if it isn’t submerged by then) for the start of a fortnight’s hols. And I really can’t wait. Next Thurs, I’ll be off to Brazil for a college pal’s wedding (any excuse really). It’s in Campinas, which is a little outside Sao Paolo, and then we spend a few days in Paraty (pictured) before jetting back to London and me to Dublin. I’m bouncing with anticipation!
So I want you to bounce to my latest mix. It’s got the usual liberal sprinking of Wendy house from Seamus Haji. And once again the Freemasons have managed to turn one of Beyawnce’s turgid R&B dirges into disco gold. My favourite is a kickin’ cover of the Yazoo (or ‘Yaz’ if you’re American) classic ‘Don’t Go’ by Frooty Collective, a promo I found at djmag.com (you heard it here first kids!).
So, it builds from a gentle Roachford to some ballsy grindy stuff (and a very boring segue to Jackson 5), takes off around track 5, then chills out a bit again until it descends into total arms-in-the-air houstastic divatastic joy and gets all intense with Donna Summer and then… lights go up, crowd goes crazy and… Nitelink (or find a houseparty fast)!
The title is a tribute to the latest trend in dancing that’s catching inner north Dublin by storm. Watch out world!
- Ride The Storm (Life Goes On) * Roachford vs Carl Kennedy vs MYNC Project
- Guilty (Club Mix) * De Souza feat. Shena
- ABC (Freemasons Extended Edit) * The Jackson 5
- Rock Da House 2006 (Soulshaker Remix) * Tall Paul
- Don’t Go (Main Room Mix) * Frooty Collective feat. Cloella
- Push The Feeling On (Belocca Remix) * Nightcrawlers
- Hypnotised (Club Mix) * Sebastian Leger feat. Gia Mellish
- Fallin’ (Sam La More Remix) * Sadie Ama
- Take Me Away (Haji & Emanuel Remix) * Haji & Emanuel
- Overpowered (Seamus Haji Mix) * Roisin Murphy
- Umbrella (Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel Club Remix) * Rihanna
- Green Light (Freemasons Club Remix) * Beyoncé
- Say It Right (Junior Vasquez Mix) * Nelly Furtado (audio a bit dodge on this one, but had to have it)
- I Feel Love (Castelli & Brevetti Mix) * Donna Summer
Like this? Go for a good boogie this weekend and let your hair down. You’ve SO earned it.