Ever since my unexpected (oh so modest as well as gorgeous) nomination for Best Popculture Blog in this year’s Irish Blog Awards, I’ve been wondering if I had been put in the wrong category. Shouldn’t it be classified as a personal blog? After all, it’s full of rampant shameless self-indulgence. But then again, aren’t all blogs, so I got over myself and learned to love the bomb.
So, some excitement from the fabbo weekend just gone.
1. If you are looking for a pretty classy, subdued restaurant that will have a free table at the weekend, you could do a lot worse than the one in Brooks Hotel on Drury St. The venison was simply to die for darlings!
2. There are some seriously fabulous Asian transpersons in the Dragon of a Saturday night. On a related note, it was vaguely amusing to watch a lady (?) of Jordanesque proportions dressed in a leather outfit scamper in and out of the Dragon very quickly with several security staff hot on her (very tall) heels. Those bronzed boobies were most precariously ‘out there’. My little brother and his girlfriend visiting for the weekend now love the Dragon.
3. Shelby Lynne is not so scary. For some reason, I always thought that this woman was difficult and annoying, without having heard a note from her. I think I got her mixed up with Fiona Apple and Ute Lemper. Anyway, she has done an album of Dusty Springfield covers and she has done it very very well.
4. One of my friends that I have been pestering to create a blog for the last two years may be about to do so. I shall be called either ‘It was ever thus’ or ‘Brutaltop’. Either way, expect it to be nominated next year, as he is the bastard offspring of Dorothy Parker and Dexter from Dexter’s Laboratory (not really. ‘Love your work, darling… [airkiss])
5. Not really feeling the new OU course yet. Work is beginning to settle down, so at least I can devote some office time to it. I’m sure it’ll be fine. Which reminds me, I’m supposed to be updating the sensible blog rather than this one. See ya later, pop-pickers.
NEXT WEEKEND: I get to meet Alan and fellow Blog Award nominee, Conor, in the flesh for the first time. Oh my! The whole idea of having a blog is so that one doesn’t need to be socially-awkward with real people. This can’t end well….
Here’s a LOLcat to end things.