All is change. Revolutions in the Middle East (and Ireland); Charlie Sheen becomes a Twitter sensation; and the days are getting longer. Yes, spring’s a springin’ so I decided to give this mix a perverse title to spite the sunlight.
Ish. On listening to these tracks, I noticed how many of them are really songs rather than purely dance tracks. They sounded quite perfect on headphones under the duvet at night. So, it’s a mix for snuggling as well as dancing to – my favourite kind.
There’s quite a bit of ‘blog house’ and/or ‘wonky pop in here this time round; slightly less polished but meatier stuff. Watch for Sound of Arrows, Muscle Hawk and the slightly Prefab Sprout-sounding Salman. There are a few delights I missed in the last few months; Cerrone‘s mix of the Human League‘s comeback, Beth Ditto’s track produced by Simian Mobile Disco and the summery Chilly Gonzales track.
Various download options below. Let me know what you think.
- You Can Dance * Chilly Gonzales
- When The Sun Rises (Blue Satellite Remix) * Salman
- The Last Dance (Kris Menace Remix) * Clare Maguire
- Teenage Crime * Adrian Lux
- Into The Clouds (Fear of Tigers Remix) * The Sound Of Arrows
- Stay Gold * Camille Jones
- I Wrote The Book * Beth Ditto
- Sunday (Seamus Haji Club Mix) * Hurts
- Heavenly (Original Mix) * Didier Sinclair and DJ Chris Pi
- Always Loved A Film * Underworld
- Night People (Cerrone Club Mix) * Human League
- Set Yourself On Fire (Blue Satellite Remix) * Muscle Hawk
- Come With Me * ceo
- Synchronize * Discodeine feat. Jarvis Cocker
- Crave You * Flight Facilities
- Doncamatic (Lonsdale Boys Club Remix) * Gorillaz feat. Daley
May I ask a favour? Occasionally the Kopyright Police get zealous and order Mediafire (my useful but kinda spineless hosts!) to yank away a mix without telling me. If you have any difficulty with the links, would you mind letting me know either here or by email? I’m at daddyorchipsblog[at]gmail[dot]com.