The title of this mix is a reference to the ArcelorMittal Orbit by Anish Kapoor and Cecil Balmond. Balmond accepts the criticism of the structure commissioned for the London Olympics saying that it’s a ‘tough aesthetic’. Indeed.
There’s really nothing tough about this mix at all. I think it’s rather smashing (if I may be so bold – I’m equally upfront when I think it’s ropey, so indulge me).
The rest is the usual bubblegum of love and dancing.
- Heartbreaker – Steve Aoki Feat. Lovefoxxx
- Amour – Aron Scott feat. Lydia Scarfo
- The Veldt – Deadmau5 feat. Chris James
- Share The Love – Richard Dinsdale
- Night Air (Consoul Trainin Private Remix) – Jamie Woon
- Upcoming Legendary (Daddy Or Chips? Cheeky Extension) – Dubplate Dionysus
- Start Again (Passenger 10 Rework) – Leventina, Chris Reece feat. Deb Peyton
- Frayed Of The Light (Wehbba Remix) – X-Press 2 & Timo Garcia feat. Amber Jolene
- Silhouettes – Avicii feat. Salem Al Fakir
- Timeless (Dinka Remix) – Ben Coda & Ad Brown
- Disco (Yuksek Remix) – The Young Professionals
- Night Track (M.A.N.D.Y. Remix) – Sasha
- Back To Me (Jimpster Dub) – Manuel Tur
- Only the Horses (Calvin Harris Extended Mix) – Scissor Sisters
Listen to Daddy or Chips? presents Tough Aesthetic below and if you just *love* it, you can download it right here. AND you can subscribe to my mixes with iTunes or whatever means you use to get your podcasts.Vodpod videos no longer available.
And do buy the music when possible. I get stuff from iTunes, Beatport and DJ Download.